Friday, July 20, 2012

Friday Favorite Finds

Well to start here are my two favorite musical finds this week

I am sure most of you know who Christina Perri is.  I love her music and think she is just super cool.  So when I happened to find this cover of "Hand in my Pocket", one of my all time favorite songs done by her I was super excited.  Still love the original by Alanis Morissette but this is a great cover.


My second favorite find is "Shelter is Love" an original song written by Jesse who goes by Sound of a Smirk.  He is Sharon's son from over at Plumrose Lane.
After posting a while ago about the contest he had entered with his song "Shed Off Old Skin" I decided to go see if he had a youtube channel since I liked the song so much.  This week I took a few minutes to listen to some of his songs and this is the one that I love.  I can't stop listening to it.



Glad that I was able to figure out how to resize the music boxes this time.

This week I have a few pictures to share with you.  I have been obsessed with masks this week.  I have no idea why but they are just so mysterious and intriguing.   So I have a few of my favorite pictures that I came across this week of them to share with all of you.


I love the colors and design of this mask.
I think that it is beautiful.


The Phantom of the Opera is one of my favorite stories/musicals.
I was able to see it at the Gammage in Mesa Arizona a little over two years ago and it was 
AMAZING!


As for the movie, Gerald Butler even with the mask
MMMmmm


 I thought that this was a great idea and a beautiful picture.
I might have to steal this idea for Halloween.
;)


One of my all time favorite movies ever.
The Ball is one of my favorite scenes and I have always loved all the masks 
especially the Goblin King's


This mask is beautiful!
I love the feathers and how it comes down into a decorated beak.
I found this picture on deviantart.com
In enayla's gallery


Again such pretty colors.  
I am such a sucker for Green.
I also found this mask on deviantart in humbalaling's gallery

You can find some of these images on my pinterest here

Well that is it for this Friday.  I hope that you all enjoyed.  Oh also I would like to give my condolences to the victims and their families of Aurora Colorado.  My heart and prayers go out to all of them.  

-Nadine

2 comments:

  1. Masks are wonderful !! Our daughter brought two back from Venice, when she was there with school. One dark one and one for me in cream, pink and red, very pretty !!
    Have a great day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love all your masks! They are amazing and beautiful! Gerald Butler, yummy ;o) Your two picks for the music were terrific ;o) Have a great weekend ;o)

    ReplyDelete