Monday, September 22, 2014

Lavender



Been on a bit of a Lavender fix today.  Wishing I had some lavender oil to dab on my pulse points and forehead to help me feel a bit more relaxed.  Either way it has put Lavender on the mind and I thought I would write a bit about it.  Again share some of my pinterest findings.  

Lavender oil is great for swelling, infections, headaches, bug bites and the list goes on.  It is also great to use in DIY household cleaners.  My Mom uses it in many of the sugar scrubs that she makes.  As mentioned I like to dab a little bit of lavender oil on my pulse points and forehead when I have head aches or am just feeling a bit stressed or even a little depressed.  Its relaxing calming effects are great.  It is also great to help with sleep, even just burning the flower itself can help to induce sleep.

It also has endless magical properties.  Protection, Luck, Healing, Divination and of course is often associated with Love Spells, ect.  

I was taught that lavender placed under your pillow at night can help you with  recalling dreams and sending wishes.




The ashes of burnt lavender can be scattered around the home not only to bring peace to those within but also can be used as a form of protection from visitors with ill intent.  With the plants relaxing affect it is also great to use during meditation.  Of course burnt it will help you relax, allow you to open your mind and clear your thoughts.

If you suffer with nightmares, dried lavender leaves may help by being placed into your pillow or if you have a child who is having trouble with nightmares or sleeping place the dried leaves into a stuffed animal to help them.

I could go on and on about all the different uses of Lavender but this would end up being one ridiculously long blog post.

So to finish off I will leave you all with some neat food inspired ideas I found on pinterest.



A refreshing glass of Lavender Lemonade.



I can't wait to try this Lavender infused Hot Chocolate.



These Lavender Shortbread cookies look so good. 


So other than that nothing too much has been going on.  The bf took me out for dinner on my birthday to a nice restaurant.  I was able to get myself some cheesecake and it was really good.  Actually wish I had some right now... dang it. Ha ha.

Well I hope that you all had a wonderful weekend.

4 comments:

  1. I have had lavender in cookies and lavender bags but I haven't had the rest, it is making my mouth water!

    Dinner sounds good! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I am most excited to try the lavender infused hot chocolate. It just looks so yummy. Now I just need to wait for the weather to get a bit colder and it will be perfect. Lol

      Delete
  2. Mmmm I love lavender. It always reminds me of Ireland since I purchased some lavender perfume from the Burren perfumery while I was there. I think it's one essential oil every witchy should always have on hand!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I would love to go to Ireland one day. What a nice memory. I would have to completely agree with you about always having it on hand. Says the witch who doesn't have any. Ha ha. Just need to save up and get myself some. =P

      Delete